Date - 10 May, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Paul Roos Gymnasium
311 Suidwal Rd, , Stellenbosch
About this event
Tlamela presents a unique and practical fundraising workshop, based on actual experience in the South African context.
The workshop will focus on three essential issues:
1. How do I actually go about raising funds successfully in the current demanding economic climate?
2. How do I market my organisation and use social media to benefit not only the organisation, but also my fundraising efforts?
3. What does the donor expect from me?
- To provide a better understanding of the South African fundraising environment.
- To learn and touch up on the basic and more advanced principles of successful fundraising.
- To plan, implement, manage and administer a fundraising campaign.
- To learn the fundamentals of proposal writing, donor research and donor reporting.
- To learn how to compete successfully in a highly competitive environment.
- To prepare a practical marketing plan and learn how to utilise it to the benefit of your organisation.
- To learn how social media, advertising, publicity, direct marketing, public relations and promotions can support your fundraising efforts.
- To learn how to prepare a proposal and manage the budget.
- To learn what donors expect from fundraisers – direct from a corporate donor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This workshop is essential for the professional development of both less experienced and experienced fundraisers, fundraising managers, NPOs, volunteer fundraisers, part-time fundraisers and all those who wish to upgrade their skills and acquire new insights into this highly competitive and satisfying business. Excellent reports and feedback have also been received from churches, marketers, schools, clubs, welfare organisations, NGOs and various institutions that are partly or wholly dependent on outside funding. In fact, this workshop is a must for people involved in the management of welfare organisations. We are sure that you will face the challenges of fundraising with renewed enthusiasm, confidence and knowledge.
- Chris Windell:
He has been in fundraising for more than 40 years, in South Africa and abroad. He is a prolific presenter who has been associated with tertiary institutions, welfare organisations, NGOs, schools and clubs. He is also the author of three books, including the current Fundraising – The Complete Guide (order on www. tlamela.co.za).
- Winton Windell:
Winton has been in media, marketing and fundraising for the past 25 years. He has worked as
a journalist at a daily newspaper, as editor of a local newspaper, and in media relations at a big corporate. He has also consulted on advertising at a radio station and in the fields of marketing at one of South Africa’s leading universities, and has been a fundraiser for various organisations. He specialises in integrating all the marketing and communication elements to optimise results.
- René-Jean van der Berg:
As a social media rock star (okay let’s call it ‘specialist’), René believes that social media is where you showcase your happy place. This has been her approach in managing multiple social media platforms at Stellenbosch University. She displays a natural flair for social media, targeting the right message to the right audience, as well as the associated analytics and insights.
Wendy van Rensburg:
Wendy is the CSI Manager of the Shoprite Group. Inspired by social innovation thinking and passionate about creating shared value for business and communities through innovative partnerships, she brings a fresh perspective on the donor-beneficiary relationship and how it is being re-shaped by the rise of the social enterprise.
BookingsFields marked with * are compulsory. *We are Not VAT registered
Bookings are closed for this event.