Date - 16 March, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Killarney Country Club
60 Fifth Street, Lower Houghton, , Johannesburg
About this event
Tlamela presents a unique and practical fundraising workshop, based on actual experience in the South African context. The workshop will focus on three essential issues:
- How do I actually go about raising funds successfully in the current demanding economic climate?
- How do I market my organisation and use social media to benefit not only the organisation, but also my fundraising efforts?
- What does the donor expect from me?
- To provide a better understanding of the South African fundraising environment.
- To learn and touch up on the basic and more advanced principles of successful fundraising.
- To plan, implement, manage and administer a fundraising campaign.
- To learn the fundamentals of proposal writing, donor research and donor reporting.
- To learn how to compete successfully in a highly competitive environment.
- To prepare a practical marketing plan and learn how to utilise it to the benefit of your organisation.
- To learn how social media, advertising, publicity, direct marketing, public relations and promotions can support your fundraising efforts.
- To learn how to prepare a proposal and manage the budget.
- To learn what donors expect from fundraisers – direct from a corporate donor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is essential for the professional development of both less experienced and experienced fundraisers, fundraising managers, NPOs, volunteer fundraisers, part-time fundraisers and all those who wish to upgrade their skills and acquire new insights into this highly competitive and satisfying business. Excellent reports and feedback have also been received from churches, marketers, schools, clubs, welfare organisations, NGOs and various institutions that are partly or wholly dependent on outside funding. In fact, this workshop is a must for people involved in the management of welfare organisations. We are sure that you will face the challenges of fundraising with renewed enthusiasm, confidence and knowledge.
Chris Windell: He has been in fundraising for more than 40 years, in South Africa and abroad. He is a prolific presenter who has been associated with tertiary institutions, welfare organisations, NGOs, schools and clubs. He is also the author of three books, including the current Fundraising – The Complete Guide (order on www.tlamela.co.za).
Christoff Swanepoel: He is the CEO of Black Noah, a social media company with a diverse group of clients. He focuses his efforts on social media, brand management and creative business consulting.
David Marupen: For the past 26 years David has been involved in Fundraising, Marketing and Communications. He is a seasoned professional and has gained extensive experience and valuable knowledge over the years whilst associated with different tertiary education institutions , NGO`s, welfare – and community based organisations. He specializes in assisting organisations in the development and implementation of effective fundraising, marketing and advancement strategies.
PRICE IS R1 499 PER DELEGATE AND INCLUDES:
- Registration coffee/tea
- Midmorning refreshments
TLAMELA FUNDRAISING AND MARKETING WORKSHOPS
- 16 March 2017 Killarney, Johannesburg
|08:30 – 09:00||Arrival & Registration Coffee/Tea|
|09:00 – 10:30||Fundraising: This is How (part 1)||Chris Windell, Tlamela|
|10:30 – 11:00||Tea Break/ Networking|
|11:00 – 12:00||The Role of Marketing in Fundraising||David Marupen, Johannesburg Child Welfare|
|12:00 – 13:00||The Role and Importance of Social Media in Fundraising||Christoff Swanepoel, Black Noah|
|13:00 – 13:45||Lunch|
|13:45 – 14:30||What donors expect from fundraisers|
|14:30 – 16:00||Fundraising: This is How (part 2)||Chris Windell, Tlamela|
BookingsFields marked with * are compulsory. *We are Not VAT registered
Bookings are closed for this event.