Date - 6 Jun, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Old Elephant House
Jan Smuts Avenue, , Parkview
About this event
Tlamela presents a unique and practical fundraising and marketing workshop, based on actual experience in the South African context. The workshop will focus on three essential issues:
- How do I go about raising funds successfully in the current demanding economic climate?
- How do I market my organisation and use social media to benefit not only the organisation, but also my fundraising efforts?
- What are the fundamentals of proposal writing, donor research and donor reporting?
- To provide a better understanding of the South African fundraising environment.
- To learn and touch up on the basic and more advanced principles of successful fundraising.
- To plan, implement, manage and administer a fundraising campaign.
- To learn the fundamentals of proposal writing, donor research and donor reporting.
- To learn how to compete successfully in a highly competitive environment.
- To prepare a practical marketing plan and learn how to utilise it to the benefit of your organisation.
- To learn how social media, advertising, publicity, direct marketing, public relations and promotions can support your fundraising efforts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is essential for the professional development of both less experienced and experienced fundraisers, fundraising managers, NPOs, volunteer fundraisers, part-time fundraisers and all those who wish to upgrade their skills and acquire new insights into this highly competitive and satisfying business. Excellent reports and feedback have also been received from churches, marketers, schools, clubs, welfare organisations, NGOs and various institutions that are partly or wholly dependent on outside funding. In fact, this workshop is a must for people involved in the management of welfare organisations. We are sure that you will face the challenges of fundraising with renewed enthusiasm, confidence and knowledge.
Chris Windell: He has been in fundraising for more than 40 years, in South Africa and abroad. He is a prolific presenter who has been associated with tertiary institutions, welfare organisations, NGOs, schools and clubs. He is also the author of three books, including the current Fundraising – The Complete Guide (order on www.tlamela.co.za).
Sinki Mlambo: She is currently the Founder and CEO of 90Degrees, former Communications Manager at Revlon and also responsible for the marketing and communications of the very successful cancer awareness and education programme, Cancervive.
PRICE IS R1 150 PER DELEGATE AND INCLUDES:
- Registration coffee/tea
- Midmorning refreshments
TLAMELA FUNDRAISING AND MARKETING WORKSHOPS
- 6 June 2019 The Old Elephant House, Johannesburg Zoo, Parkview.
|08:30 – 09:00||Arrival & Registration Coffee/Tea|
|09:00 – 10:45||Fundraising: This is How (part 1)||Chris Windell, NWU|
|10:45 – 11:00||Tea Break/ Networking|
|11:00 – 12:45||The Role of Marketing and Social Media in Fundraising||Sinki Mlambo – NinetyDegrees|
|12:45 – 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 – 14:30||Fundraising: This is How (part 2)||Chris Windell, NWU|
|14:30 – 15:30||Summary, Questions|
BookingsFields marked with * are compulsory. *We are Not VAT registered
Bookings are closed for this event.